Monday, November 2, 2015

Marvelous Monday

Welcome to Marvelous Monday!
I'm calling it marvelous because it is dreaded by most as the beginning of the work week and sometimes we just need to put a positive spin on things sometimes.
These cards were made with love. Both my boys and their significant others bought condos downtown Calgary where they want to experience downtown life. So I tried to make cards that reflected that life.
The stamp set I used is C1563 Cityscape which is retired for the buildings. I stamped all the buildings in slate, black, gypsy, smoky plum, pacifica and fussy cut them. I picked which ones I wanted to use and saved the rest in the back of the stamp set.
The trees were cut from the Art Philosophy CTMH Cricut cartridge  with cocoa cardstock.
I did a night time sky for the first one. I attached a large piece of Outdoor Denim for the sky. I crinkled a piece of fern for the grass, slate for the sidewalk and glacier for the river. I rubbed each of the pieces with the same inks so it would give emphasis to the crinkles. I attached each piece along the bottom and sides so I could tuck in the buildings and trees. I used a yellow recollections marker to dot the background like stars. I used the stamp set Home Sweet Home which is a retired Stamp of the month. I just wanted the word Home(stamped in Outdoor denim), so I used washi tape and covered everything except home before inking and then removed the tape to stamp. The congratulations(also in outdoor denim), came from C1612 Shower Flowers which can be found in my OBA.  I left the inside blank so I could write a personal message in both cards.


The second card is the daylight card. the buildings and trees were made the same as in the first. The papers used were sky(retired), whisper for the mountains, fern for the grass, slate for the sidewalk and glacier for the river. Again I crinkled the papers. The mountains I actually spritzed so they would crinkle easier and maybe look more mountain like? The sun was stamped in canary and is also from the cityscapes stamp set. Home, is and happy place on this card were from another retired stamp set. S1403 Happy Place. I actually cut this stamp because it was easier. I added the A from an alphabet stamp set.
They were stamped in Glacier.



The cards have character, I think. I need more practice in the realistic look but overall I am quite pleased with the cards. 
Hope you do as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment