Friday, November 13, 2015

Wedding cards



I'm a little behind! Nothing new for me. Life gets in the way. I was ahead but now I'm behind. I'm sure it will happen again. 
These are some wedding cards that I made. I wasn't sure if I would really like them as they are very dark but I really do and they were all used. My daughter in laws used 1 each and I used one.

The first 2 cards were inspired by a thank you card I received from a friend, The Serendipitous Stamper(very talented lady) Thanks Ellen Taylor.
So the first one is a 5.5" X 4" made from a blue toned cardstock. Most of the paper is from my stash.  I cut the patterned paper .25" smaller.  The blue paper was cut another.25". I ruffed up one corner  so the patterned paper shows through. Everything was edged on CTMH chocolate ink.
I cut a 2'  strip of dark brown paper and then layered it with the patterned paper. This was also edged with chocolate ink.I ruffled some white ribbon and attached it under the strip. This was a challenge but I did it.
The frame(retired) is stamped in twilight ink and the sentiment is from CTMH C1547- For Always cardmaking workshop in cranberry. 
The butterfly isfrom the stamp set D1627, Your Own Kind of Wonderful. I fussy cut it after stamping.
Everything was distressed with chocolate ink.
The heart stamps is also from D1627.
I added a little red heart from CTMH





The second card was also made with the same papers.The only differences are the frame, which was cut from the CTMH cricut cartridge(Artbooking). It's an overlay on page 60. The sentiment is from D1539, The Happy Couple,which, I know, hard to believe, it's not retired. The bird is from C1536 which is retired and fussy cut and stamped in glacier.
The pearl, and heart is from my stash and the pin actually came off of my Thank you card. I like to reuse items if I can. The ribbon is actually CTMH seam binding that I colored with  New England Ivy ink. It was attached with tombow mono glue. 








The third card is my favorite.  I used Slate cardstock cut at 5.5' X 4". I sanded the edges.The next layer is Smoky Plum which is retired. I used a momenta embossing folder and sanded over the top.
The next layer is a base of white daisy cardstock. I used slate, smoky plum and gypsy ink to do a watercolor look. I stamped the inks on my multi purpose mat and dragged the paper through the ink until I got the look I wanted. After it was dry  I stamped the flourshes from  D1482 Love Life(not retired). I used a distressing tool from CTMH to distress the edges.  The sentiment is from D1646 Finding the Words(not retired) I used versamark ink to stamp the sentiment and used Ranger superfine embossing powder to emboss. I wrapped a white ribbon with the heart charms which came from Michaels.



I hope you enjoyed the cards. If you are interested in any of the CTMH products(that are not retired please feel free to message me or go to my OBA, corinnamurphy.ctmh.com and check out all the wonderful products CTMH has to offer.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. The 3rd one is my favorite too! All three are great. Thanks for the clear directions on how you did the paper on the 3rd card.

    ReplyDelete